Sunday, October 5, 2014

The Homesman - Review (2014)

I haven't posted anything for a week. very busy week and I;m too lazy to go online and writing. And finally Sunday. I watched many drama movie this week. I LOVE IT. No more action movies since it;s getting closer to award season.

so I;m going to write the movie about The Homesman first. This is very iinterestingmovie with a lot of big names. And my queen Hillary Swank is in the lead. I was very excited about this movie before Cannes with great casts and all. But when i watched I was disappointed. I don't why, maybe because I put too much expectation. It could be really big movies. And I think it proves me again, even thought we have awards winning stars in movie that doesn';t always mean the movie is going to be great. because Homesman prove it to me.


It's not a bad and not a total mess for me. but, too much flaws. Some scenes may of been a little vulgar or unnecessary, but it all added to the realism of living in that particular time and again, added to the feel of the film which was at times, dark and moody, but also had aspects of endearment, passion and showing the good in humankind. The twist you have two thirds of the way through the film was excellent and left you wondering why? Although their were small snippets of the film i didn't care for and didn't think were necessary, it was 2 hours of my life well spent and  worth it.

All the female characters that we see for ninety percent of the movie… irrevocably lose their sanity? The outward signs of the 'madness' of each of the women… was cinematically vivid and startlingly detailed. But what was the point to it? That the 'old west' was harsh on women?

Leaving the story chopped in two, killing off the heroine and making Mr.Jones didn't work for me and ruined… what was potentially an interesting production up to that point.

But I heard this movie is not that far away from the book. I should read the book then.

My Rating : 7/10
IMDB : 6.8/10
Metacritics : 69/100
Rotten Tomatoes : 73%


No comments:

Post a Comment