Saturday, October 18, 2014

Camp X Ray - Review (2014)

The directorial debut of Peter Sattler is infused with a strong moral ambiguity that will make you question your own beliefs. Anchored by two magnificent performances by Kristen Stewart and Peyman Moaadi, Camp X-Ray is a flawed yet very affecting portrait of a relationship that develops in the most unlikeliest of places.

Camp X-Ray tells the story of a soldier named by Amy Cole, who is assigned to watch detainees at Guantanamo Bay. Her whole outlook on the military and life are changed when she befriends one of the detainees named Ali Amir.

I thought I would not like the movie because of the hard theme. But surprise, the theme doesn't bother me at all but it's still not my favorite subject. I love how the Sattler chose to have this friendship theme between the woman guard and the prisoner. It's touching in every aspect and it's very intense.

The performance by Stewat and Peyman are wonderful. I love their chemistry. Stewart could really handle close up emotion. Peyman is my new favorite actor now. Before I watch ind this movie I watched The Separation. He was good.

Camp X Ray has a lot of flaws. But it's Sattler's directorial debut. I can see him becomes an auteur director one day. Mark my works. He is one of the dedicated film makers. And He is not aafraidto offered Stewart, the franchise actress, to do this movie.



The cinematic world tends to forget that Kristen Stewart showed such immense promise pre-Twilight days. A complete standout in Sean Penn's "Into the Wild"   Stewart revives her glory days as Private Amy Cole, and makes us believe in a brighter future for the tween icon.

 Moaadi ignites a fire throughout the film, balancing his inquisitive and charismatic demeanor against a deep-rooted anger that will explode at any moment. I implore all writer and directors to utilize him over the next few years/decades.

It's not my favorite. But I like this film more than Zero Dark Thirty. perfect performances by the lead roles.

My verdict : 7/10
IMDB : 7.4/10
Rotten Tomatoes : 68%
Metacritics : 55/100

No comments:

Post a Comment