Thursday, October 30, 2014

Life After Beth - review (2014)


My sister has been waiting for this movie for like forever. she loves romance and zombie. She is addicted to Warm Bodies, so yeah I was curious about this movie, especially Dane Dehaan is here

The trailer for Life After Beth had me so excited. The cast alone was a treat. Dane DeHaan, John C. Reilly, Molly Shannon, Paul Reiser, Matthew Grey Gubler and Aubry Plaza. For any offbeat comedy, that's a can't miss. Even better for me was the film they were all in was a horror comedy. The trailer came off like a rom-zom-com in the vein of Shaun of the Dead. I was all on board. It took me forever to come across the film but it didn't play out like I thought it would be.

Zombies are definitely at the point of super saturation in the horror market with The Walking Dead and numerous movies. Life After Beth is yet another entry into the zombie comedy subgenre and also into the rom com zombie subgenre similar to Warm Bodies that came out last year. However, this movie has a great cast of comedic actors so I had some solid expectations for it. Surprisingly, this movie ended up being a very mediocre zombie rom com which is very disappointing.



I'm very disappointing, maybe because I expected too much. But the movie was poorly written. I don;t mind about it if they have something good. But, nope. While warms Bodies can delivery the sweet and cute of the zombies this movie delivered nothing.

I don't hate it, It is a watchable movie with some chuckles thrown in there due to the situations that were set up. The cast is game and they try their best to make it work. Watching Plaza be a zombie is fun to watch. Dane DeHann is fun too watch as well but the mopping and sad DeHaan is too much for my liking . but those kitten eyes!!!

If you love ugly dark comedy you should watch it, maybe you should just watch it because I am Dane DeHaan fan. so yeah lol. Plaza and DeHaan did a really good job as well as the supporting roles. But don't expect too much from this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment