Thursday, August 14, 2014

The Before Trilogy -- Richard Linklater

I had been wanting to watch the Trilogy in marathon for so long. And as I told you before, I was so l2p about this trilogy. So last night, I didn't sleep (thanks good today internship started late and I'm kinda free today). I watched Before Sunset years ago (with my older cousin). And I watched Before Midnight last year. SO I'm going to start my review about this trilogy by amazing man "Richard Linklater". for me the trilogy are on the top of my favorite movie. Sweet, warm, heartbreaking, and all. i love it. If you need something that's real and truthful. Give the trilogy a shot

Before Sunrise (1995)


This is the start of everything. This is the best boy-meets-girl movie. It's touching and amazing. It's not the movie you want to study, it's the movie you want to enjoy. This is movie is totally about building their relationship, it's easy, it's real, and it's fantastic. If you are a sucker for romance movie, you should watch it. i love the character and the chemistry between Jesse and Celine. The dialogues are amazing and sweet. Still don't get it why this movie wasn't nominated for Oscar that year. This drama is real, honest and truthful. Who need twist if you have this movie. this movie could easily turned into chick flick but Linklater is smart man and his dramas are magnificent. The story is about two strangers finding something on each other, spend their night have the conversations. It's very simple story, and pure romance. You should watch it!

My rating : 9/10
Rotten tomatoes : 100%
IMDB : 8.1/10
Metacscore 77/100

Before Sunset (2004)
This second movie of the the trilogy is more slacker. The first movie is amazinf and all. And if you thought the second movie would be boring, you are totally wrong. This movie is 9 years after the first one, the characters are more grow up, and you can feel it. I complain a lot about a sequel of movies, it;'s unnecessary. But this movie was not made for money, it was made because it needed to be done. And it's fantastic. They really grew up, beautifully. They've changed a lot in past 9 years, I can;t stand Celine at first, but after all, I really love the characters. It's real and honest. people changed and so do the actresses who played them. As well as the director. But on thing for sure, Linklater doesn't let Hollywood over dramatic drama changed the plot and realness of this sequel. And this movie was nominated for Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay

My rating : 9.2/10
Rotten tomatoes : 95%
IMDB :  8.1/10
Metascore : 90/100

Before Midnight (2013)
This the last of the Trilogy, takes place 18 years after the first one. Wow that's a really long time. Totally one of the best movie of 2013. The characters are more mature, I love the real friendship between Linklater, Hawke and Delpy. Didn't changed so much, but I totally love it. It doesn't lose the realness, and the chemistry is still there. Their relationship is far from perfect they struggle a lot, until 18 years later they still do the same. It's a little bit different but it's totally the same. Some say you can watch Before Midnight without Before Sunsrise or sunset. But for me you should watch the first two before you watch this. this movie is all about dialogue. So if you can;t stand it, you can't stand all of Linklater movies. but you should watch it. This movie was nominated for Oscar, same category as Before Sunset

My rating : 8.7/10
Rotten tomatoes : 98%
IMDB : 8/100
Metascore 94/100

After I watch the trilogy I can't wait even more for Boyhood, I know Richard Linklater is the king of reality and realness. I mean the Before Trilogy could easily be made, but he wanted to see the character grew up not only the characters but also him and the actors. I know he wants to show people that they grow and change. And Boyhood, this movie was made for 12 years. That was a very long time for normal length movie. But Linklater wants to do everything. And realize or not ,every dramas Linklater has written it;s all about normal people, with normal problems, non dramatic twist, and very real and easy and simple as that. but really touching everyone in every aspect. So I can't wait for Boyhood




No comments:

Post a Comment