Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Begin Again (2013)


Finally, I was watching it last week. I have been waiting for this movie since TIFF last year. Some women don;t like Keira but I like her, a lot to be honest. And Mark Rufallo, he is such a sweet heart who doesn't love him anyway?

This movie is totally a movie for music lovers. I don't call myself as a music lover because I don't listen that much, especially today music. I'm not a big fan of today's pop. And all of the singers and bands are now too pop for my liking. Okay, back to this movie. This movie is directed by John Carney, and I love all of his movies. This movie reminds me a lot of Once, maybe because of the cover and the music story. It's very sweet romantic movie that shows us that love doesn't always involved between two hopeless people in hopeless place. lol

The soundtrack is great, Adam Levine and Ce Loo Green are the bonus. Adam is good as an asshole, still not a fan of him. Keira is great, she is great play as this kind of girl. And Mark is always great in all of his movie. Too bad he is Hulk. lol This movie is totally Mark's movie. I just want to see Keira in lead role again. She is very great. She has been overshadowed by the male co star lately, too bad.



The chemistry between Mark and Keira is very lovable and sweet. Not a bro-sis, romance, or father-daughter chemistry. It's a friendship and co worker chemistry. They struggle together. Let's be honest, I'm sure you wish they didn't change the title "Can a Song Save Your Life?" is much better tittle, imo. Begin again is too simple, and I don't know too cliche. And the story is a bit cliche as well. but It's still a really good story. Some scenes are memorable, like when Greta and Dan walk through New York. And Keira can sing, it;s not like she has a very good voice, but she definitely can sing.

Can music save your life? I don't know, but this movie proves it. This movie is well written, amazing act of the lead and the supporting roles. It's simple, it's nice, it;s good, and give you something. It will be the IT movie for my list, the movie that I will watch over and over again.

My Rating 8.5/10
IMDB : 7.6/10
Metacritics : 62/100
Rotten Tomatoes : 83%

No comments:

Post a Comment