Saturday, August 9, 2014

Fifty Shades of Grey vs Secretary



Secretary vs Fifty Shades of Grey. Tbh, I think there is no versus. for me Secretary all the way. I mean... just watch Secretary. I'm not going to lie that I hate FSOG, but I just can't stand it, the book is getting worse. I read it to enjoy my holiday, but that doesn't mean its' a good book. Other than badly written book, the book is not moving. but I really enjoy read it. But I don't want to read the series, I just watch the first book. And I don't want to go thru the same thing all over again.



As for Secretary it's 2002, directed by Steven Shainberg. I don't enjoy BSDM thing, but if it makes me happy I'll watch it. That was what happened when I chose to watch this movie. Surprisingly, this movie is good and fine movie. It's not my favorite movie. But the movie is awkward and weird in very good way. It's new experience for me. the lead cast was James Spader and Maggie Gyllenhaal same basic plot as FSOG, But, IMO Secretary is better than FSOG. (Mr Grey vs Mr Grey, The innocent girl, ex boyfriend, parents , etc)

Fifty Shades of Grey was a fanfiction, a twilight fanfic, written by fan who was obsessed with Robert Pattinson (Is it correct?) I was in Twilight fandom, I didn't read the fanfic, the genre alone was not my type, so I skipped it, but when i heard this was going to be a book. I read the fanfiction, first thought, WEIRD, and not in good way. I thought the writer was a teenage girl, look at how many brands James mentions. But it turned out James was a very adult woman. While Secretary was written by Steven Shainberg, an upcoming director, Yale graduated, see the different already?

I don't know a lot about BDSM, but Lee character was submissive by nature while Anastasia was submissive because the arrogant Grey wanted her and because she fell in love. as the feminist FSOG annoyed me. I dont like seeing woman as submissive, but it's worse if you are going to submissive because you fall in love with someone. But I still dont like the word submissive tho. As role playing or nature just no.

Now, for the male lead, C Grey was arrogant, annoying, selfish man. He was handsome and too perfect, he had dark past, but C'mon. He could be this good character if EL Jmes didnt push it too hard. He didn't care about Anna, he is jealous about everything. As for E.E Grey he was this werid character, this handsome and smart man, who needed to find something. and Lee was the person for him and vice versa.

As for the female Character. I love Lee, she was this weird and crazy person, that makes me want to hug her and love her. She needed something, she was confused, she needed a friend. Her flaws made me want to teach her something, she was very likable. And as for Anna, she was this annoying character that made me want to slap her, seriously. I know you were a virgin, fell in love with CEO, famous and big CEO, had no experience, but but that's too much. It's 2014, you are graduate student. ughhh..

Now for the plot, BDSM is not my cup of tea, I would rather watch a movie about politic or terrorism than this kind of movies. But Secretary is good, it's weird in very fascinating way. This story gives BSDM a different views. The relationship between Lee and Mr Grey bizarre, quirky, and thought provoking. Mr Grey helps Anna to find something, she cuts her self, because she wants to be free and Mr Grey helps her to stop that by doing the submissive of Mr Grey's character. The relationship between them is moving slowly and it's good tho see this kind of relationship in movie. The end is weird tho. lol. the movie has this complicated story that BDSM is the way out. They have the strange humor, they have everything the bright humor story to the dark side.

And for FSOG it's weird and there's no chemistry between Anna and Grey. You will enjoy it, but it's not realistic, Anna becomes submissive because she wants to be with Christian Grey. All I see this controlling boyfriend, who wants to own an "innocent" girl with every powers he has. It's badly written, not realistic. Just sell too many dreams. An the sex is just lol. have no humor, pretend to be this mysterious romance book but failed.

I know I'm compared the book and movie it's not doing any justice. So, I can't wait to watch the FSOG tho. hahahahahaha. Idk why I'm curious, but it;s happened. As much as I don't like EL James. She is very lucky, from fan to a famous writer and millionaire. if only I can be like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment