Saturday, August 9, 2014

Lost in Translation and The English Patient

I haven't watched movies in almost a week. and it's frustrating. last movie I watched was Ironman 3 and it's on TV. lol you know I'm obsessed with movies so yeah, I can't stand it. and the past two days I watched 3 movies Lost in Translation, The English Patient, and Before Sunset ( I know it's trilogy, and I'm so left behind because I just watched it, and I'm going to finish it today and I'll review it tomorrow). I know I'm in the mood romantic drama movies lately, so brave your self.

1. Lost in Translation (2003)



I really like Scarjo, i don't care whatever you say. She is not just the hot bods or pretty face. she is the perfect package. she has talent, she is hot, she is pretty, and she is a mom now. She is kinda underrated and that's why I chose thing movie 2 days ago. and I didn't regret it. A movie by woman, Sofia Coppola everyone, big big respect for her. This is a very good movie made by woman, and I'm proud to ramble about this movie days by days. Because you should watch it. It's a good movie, a beautiful movie set in Japan. Amazing story, cinematography, editing, back sound, and etc. and this movie really gave this effect. and this movie is the kind of movie that make you think about your life purpose. It's humble, down to earth movie made by Francis Ford Coppola's daughter. It's not the movie for everyone, I know it;'s frustrating and boring movie. I know felt the limp when I watched bit it what make movies good movies right? It's very simple story that can easily turn into chick flick but Coppola and Bill Murray not to add ScarJo turned into brilliant movie. As a woman, I love this movie, I enjoy it, even thought I know there was not so much going on in this movie. And you should watch it, Scarlett Johansson first recognition as an amazing actress, Bill Murray best word, and on one my favorite movie. Beautiful, dramatic, painful movie with good soundtrack.

IMDB : 7.8/10
Rotten Tomatoes : 95%
Metacritic : 8.9.10
Me : 8.7/10

2. The English Patient (1996)
 I'm l2p. I watched this movie because I needed some romatic and dramatic movies. And because I love Juliette Binoche and Kristin Scott Thomas not to mention Ralph Fiennes. This movie was based on the novel, now I want to read the novel. This movie is about a love story set in Europe world war, It won 9 Academy Award in 1997, included Best picture award, So I expected to watch something and really heartbreaking. Too bad, I'm disappointed, it's good and moving movie. the performances by Ralph, Krsitin, and Juliette were magnificent. My favorite part of this movie is Juliette Binoche. She played as a France-Canadian nurse, the character gave us something, like I really wanted to see her scene, I just the character. This is movie is the one chance movie, i mean once you see it you will hate it or love it. and surprising I like not on my top list, but this movie is totally one of the movie that I'd like to watch again. It's very long movie, and I say it over and over again, I like long slow moving movie. with amazing plot and performance. This movie has everything, amazing casts, score, story, and drama. I love the chemistry between Ralph and Kristin, the sexual tension was amazing. This movie will give you everything, but don't expect too much just because this movie won 9 noms out of 12 noms. You will hate to love it, or you love to hate it depends on you and how you watch it.

IMDB : 7.4/10
Rotten Tomatoes : 83%
Metacritic : 87/100
Me : 8.5/10

After I watched those movies I just have a lot of emotion. it makes me want to watch more romance dramatic movie.




No comments:

Post a Comment