Thursday, July 17, 2014

Academy Award Best Picture Marathon (part 1)

So, for this holiday I plan to watch all of the Academy Award, best Picture winner (nominees too), I don't know about the classic hopefully I'll find it somewhere. Today, I've started with. I'll watch it randomly, depends on e\me and my emotions lol. SO I watched two movies today, I planned to watch three movie, But I was too tired from last night activity with my friends. So today i watched Million Dollar Baby and Annie Hall. Well this is my review

1. Million Dollar Baby (2004)

I like this movie and I haven't watched this movie since 2012. The reason why I chose this movie because I missed this movie. I miss to feel the butterfly when I watched this movie. I like Hillary Swank, and I always like movies with women as the main characters. I cried a lot and I cheered a lot today, I'm still shaking tho. But this is wonderful movie. this is total masterpiece.  Dark, edgy, subtle and at times emotionally devastating. Its a total passion, passion about movie. They didn't force it. The movie feels so natural, and Hillary totally rocks it. She is natural for this, and Clint Eastwood OMG he is amazing. I really like the struggles of Maggie and how she tried to prove anyone especially Frankie. and Eddie, i really like Morgan freeman here. I can't think of any better trio than Swank, Eastwood, and Freeman. and this is totally the best Clint Eastwood movie. Imo. Narrating the story is Scrap, His voice seems flat, deadpan, but there is a working of subtle sorrow in it. Scrap is a sad human being, he sees himself as the result of missed opportunities in the past, and so he spends his time helping, with a tone of deadpan humor and even cockiness. Idk about Hillary Swank back then, but I heard before this movie she was in bad movies so it was a way out for her to prove anyone but she was good in Boys Don't Cry(that's why she won Oscar, right?) even thought she was not as good as Maggie. The last 45 minutes of the movie is a totally heart breaking. You will cry a lot. I did. and it totally impressed me. You should watch it. This movie got 7 Oscar nominee and won 4 (the trio won and the movie ii self)8.2/10


2. Annie Hall (1977)
So, after I watched the modern and edgy movie I watched a classic and romantic comedy movie (my favorite genre!) lol. So, this is the second time I watched this movie, the first time I watched it on TV and I didn't watch it from the start. So I rented this movie. And I love this movie, the very easy easy and thoughtful movie. really touching my heart. I watched a lot of Woody Allen's movies and this the best. The plot revolves around Alvy's chronicles of loves lost and a retrospective on his relationship with Annie, with whom he has since parted ways. At the end of the film, we see Alvy try his hand at stage-writing-he writes a play about his relationship with Annie, but gives it a happy ending. Yes, Annie and Alvy don't have a fairy tale ending to their relationship, but Alvy certainly wishes they had, even though he learns to live with the acknowledgment it has failed. And the best part about this is the screenplay, totally beautiful. It's a still rare movie in Hollywood, very light movie and predictable to be honest. But I can smile and laugh and even cry a little when i watched it.  This is a story of a breakup told in a non-linear pattern, showing how these two disparate yet similar - came together, shared everything, went through hilarious times and then went into the slow plateau that became their eventual separation. Because not relationship is perfect right? It's a very 70's movie, I think it's still fresh. I used to think this movie was bored. But now I'm planning to watch it again with ladies. 9.5/10 (because 10/10 is not real lol )

SO that's it for today. It's very exciting. Planning to watch some classic or maybe a new movie with classic and Glamour background (Chicago sounds perfect ). review and comment. :) 
anyway pardon my English 

No comments:

Post a Comment