Saturday, July 19, 2014

A Beautiful Mind and Forrest Gump Review

So yesterday was the second day of my movie marathon. And I had to go out with my mother yesterday. At the noon I only watched beautiful mind. And then at night I watched Forrest Gump

1. A Beautiful Mind (2001)
This movie touched me on many levels. The psychology of the movie was intriguing and the icing on the cake making the movie stand out was surprisingly the humanistic side of Love. While love is a common basis in most movies, the interaction of this theme with other aspects of the plot was phenomenal. Russell Crowe does not overdo it for a minute and turns in his customary brilliant performance. Would not surprise me at all if he were to win his second Best Actor Oscar in March 2002. He really is that good. Conelly was good as ever, and she had always seen carrying this type of role. Loving yet not so mushy, smart yet vulnerable at time.To be honestb the story is too hard to understand, I have to go back and forth while watching it. But I like the story. This is one of the best biopic story but not the best. I would recommend this film to everyone interested in the life of John Nash. A must watch.
8.5/10




2. Forrest Gump (1994)
This is one of my favorite movie from all the time. Thanks for my dad for introducind me to Tom Hanks and this movie. This is a powerful yet charming movie; fun for its special effects and profound in how it keeps you thinking long after it's over.Tom Hanks delivers another great performance in his career by portraying the lovable,king yet not so intelligent character Forrest Gump.It is also Tom Hanks' second straight win for the Best Actor Oscar which he becomes the second man to do said accomplishment after Spencer Tracy.This movie is example for that there are no limits or restrictions for what a person can or can't do. When you want to do something you just start doing it, because life is short and we may loose our chance while we are wondering when is the right time to begin. This made you laugh and cry all the way through, wow that was so cliche. 1994 was a pretty good year for film. Along with "Pulp Fiction" and "The Shawshank Redemption" we got "Forrest Gump", an idiosyncratic movie that became a global phenomenon. 
9.3/10

SO that's all for yesterday. It was a really good day watched those movies. Planning to watch something good again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment