Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 (2014)



Disappointed by this film. I am not the big fan of this franchise, I don't like seeing kids killing each other and all. But I like the first two movies.They kept my attention, with plot and performances intriguing and action-packed enough to get from one scene to the next without a dull moment. . Another movie with disgusting trend, split the last franchise to be 2 parts. WTH. I like the trailer, I was blown away by Jennifer Lawrence and Julianne Moore.

This film begins right where the previous one stopped where Katniss wakes up in District 13 where she was taken by rebels after she destroyed the Quarter Quell arena with her arrow. Katniss becomes the symbol of the rebellion by appearing in incendiary promotional advertisements, but Katniss was angry with them because they left her partner Peeta behind at the Capitol.

Jennifer Lawrence is far and away the best performer in this film. Her face is really rich in unspoken emotions. Josh Hutcherson gets to flex some of his acting muscles more in this one as the brainwashed Peeta Mellark. It was good to see old characters played by Woody Harrelson, the late Philip Seymour Hoffman, Donald Sutherland, Elizabeth Banks, Liam Hemsworth, Jeffrey Wright and Sam Claflin, though their roles were very limited here. New to the cast, acclaimed actress Julianne Moore is rather one-note in her performance as President Coin.



My biggest disappointment was the loss of the depth of the bond that forms between Katniss and Finnick in the book. In the movie, even with all of Katniss's crying, it felt like both of them were too sane, as opposed to the book, where they both literally end up on the ground sobbing and have to be sedated. Finnick is the only one who can understand and lessen Katniss's pain, knowing that Annie is being used to torment him long before she figures out the same. To me, Finnick's limited screen time was a huge loss since I am a fan of Finnick i am very disappointed.

It's not a good and well made movie, but still watchable. this movie is the most forgettable movie than the first two, the first two were kinda unforgettable. The very good thing about this movie is the score and the soundtrack, with the new and very talented singer Lorde and Jennifer sang a song in this movie was a wow moment. my favorite scene "you want me to sing". my favorite quote "If we burn, you burn with us" OMG

It's very boring thought, it felt like they split the movie into three movies. Nothing happens in this movie, they are too busy build up the characters.  There was nothing interesting happening at any point in time during the movie. It is very dull. They wasted great actors like Julianne Moore. The whole movie is just all over the place. I think there was only one arrow shot. They didn't even show the cinematic effect of the bombing of the rebel base. Just some reaction of the actors-- not enough.

Well nothing really happens in this movie except Katniss's confused and sad face. Jennifer did a good job, but I didn't feel anything, the only scene I really really felt the pain was when Katniss played with Prim's cat. BUT SHE SAVES THIS MOVIE. Praise the Jen. I am a big Julianne Moore fan, but seh couldn't save this movie. such a wasted talented. The movie feels so short, I'm now afraid they will ruin the part 2 as well.Also I was expected to see more Peeta, thought he would stole some scene, but he only appeared really appeared I mean on the last scene when he tried to kill Katniss. but his face though... OMG :(

Maybe because I came to the theater with a very big expectation and all and when the movie was over I was like "what the hell i am watching?" and then there was a man who couldn't stop predicting the movie and sat uncomfortably. but I also heard someone said "Do you like sex, Mr. Lebowski?" when Jules scene came out. OMG IT WAS SOOOO WRONG OMFG STOP..

Anyway even thought it's not as good as before, it's still very watchable. Its has some really good scene, this movie could be more. I mean they have those names and I just don't like the very long development. it feels like nothing happens in this first part of the movie. But just watch it.

IMDB 7.3/10
Metacritics : 64%
Rotten tomatoes : 66%
Mine :  65/100

No comments:

Post a Comment