Monday, November 17, 2014

If I Stay - Review (2014)




I'm going to make it fast tbh. I'm extremely disappointed with this movie. i couldn't wait to watch this movie. ut when this movie couldn't make it into my theater, I was a sad potato. The movie fails to express any real, palpable emotions. In some defining parts of the movies, where you should start getting some feelings, I rather felt annoyed by awful sound effects, terrible acting and depressing transitions.

Chloe Grace Moretz is one of the best actress on her generation, she is beautiful and very talented. But in this movie she is very disappointed me. And the others acting were MEH.  It's not that she didn't stay true to the book, she just didn't act very well at all.  The actor who played Adam was terrible as well.

I love the book, the book is very weepy, but the movie is not that much.. It's very disappointed. The book is way better than this movie. And when they cast Chloe i thought she would be really good. and The CGI was MEh as well. Such as Adam's band not being called "Shooting Star"; a lot of Adam trying to get into the ICU to see Mia being cut; the film trying to instill a bit more hope in Mia's family surviving the car crash than there is in the book, as well as more drama in Adam and Mia's relationship; and then there are general cuts you recognize had to be done. Things like us seeing how Mia and Kim became friends; seeing Kim's mom; the lead up to Mia's grandpa taking her to her Julliard audition; and a lot of the back stories including Willow's and her grandparents.



Leading back to my issue with Blackley. He, to me, doesn't look like Adam, and also has the same issue Gus, in The Fault in Our Stars, had where it seemed he was more so there to make girls squeal than woo Mia. Leaving us to talk about Moretz: in the film, I felt she over acted. For, whether I just saw Mia acting differently in the book, or her performance just not being to my taste, I felt she was a bit too over dramatic, even considering the circumstances.

I want to like this movie soooo bad. but what can I say? the good thing about this movie is the song and the score and the scene between Mia and her family and when she lost them, especially when she lost her brother. it's very teary. And Adam had no energy in this film, like at all. And I don't like his character in the book, very manipulative and all. Bad example for teenagers of boyfriend, but in this movie I really hate him.

Overall it's very touching FAMILY movie, the song is good. it's watchable movie. But if you really expected to be like the book, DON'T. It's forgettable movie. And Chloe was kinda disappointing, she is a lot better. She can act, she is one of the best actress. And I say this because I watch a lot of her movie

My verdict 6/10
IMDB 7/10
Rottentomatoes : 36%
Metacritics : 46%

No comments:

Post a Comment