Sunday, April 30, 2017

LOGAN (2017)



So, I haven't updated my blog lately. Real life has been crazy lately,I am  still trying to survive tho. I am going to do a review from some movies I still remember.watched movie here and there but not in a mood to review it. So here I am going to start with Logan.

Can I say this movie is amazing? and can't be beaten easily. The movie revolves an around old, and frustrated Logan (who is a limousine driver). He, along with Charles Xavier (superbly played by Patrick Stewart) are waiting to finish off their lives in peace. It's 2029 and in this new world, where mutants have been exterminated and there are few of them left hiding, Logan is a man adrift in a world that no longer needs him. Caring for his former mentor who he has to control for his own good, he is a man without a true purpose and who is hurrying towards death.


When we first see Logan, he is a shell of his former self, almost unrecognizable, beaten , cheerless, his face a stone mask of sadness, a smile never crosses his lips. The only reason he hasn't blown his head off  is because of his devotion to Charles Xavier, a man who is the closest thing to a Father that he has ever had. But Logan makes no bare bones that the minute Charles dies, Logan having nothing to live for will end his own life with an Adamtuim bullet he carries around for the occasion. As the story begins the only thought that logan finds comfort in is the thought of a quick death.

The real reason Logan wass so fantastic though is the story. I can't remember the last time a superhero movie left me this emotionally devastated, in fact I don't think it's ever happened TDR was the closets to this emotional wrecking superhero movie. I was so invested in the events and the characters, thanks in no small part to the amazing performances. If this truly are the last performances of Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart as these characters then I would be very happy with that cause I can't imagine how they could ever top the amazing performances they both handed in here.

Sure it was very violent. I hate violent movie, but still. the emotion and the story were amazing. Still cant get over it. It'snot an action or scifi movie. For me it's more drama and very dramatic. It left me with a lot of feeling. Amazing acts from all of the people involves. the choreographer was amazing tho

Overall, the acting from all the actors was great. The story was very good, realistic, emotional, rightfully bleak and most importantly it is coherent. I have only two minor complaints, first is that I think they went a bit over the top with the use of foul language especially with Charles but other than that I have only positive things to say. Second, they did not explain X-23 as well as I would have liked. There are hints which the audience can piece together but not as explicit as I would like. 

8.4/10- IMDb
92% - Rotten Tomatoes
77% - Metacritic

No comments:

Post a Comment