Sunday, September 20, 2015

(500) Days of Summer (2009)



I know I haven't been here for a long time and I have watched a lot of movies. but I'm just too lazy to post some reviews. But I'm gonna start with this one. After this I will try to post more movie reviews that I have watched recently. This is one of my favorite film with lovable character and sweet but angts story. My kind of heaven lol. I just watched this movie again and I remember the hype and the quotes were all over tumblr back in the day.

For starters the charisma and passion between Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel works brilliantly on screen. Finding two actors who work so well together (in every way) is a rare thing. The style of editing is superbly original, at the beginning you might be skeptical, but you'll soon realise how marvelous it it really is. The soundtrack is a treat of indie classics that match the films tonality with perfection. If you try and change anything about this movie you'll soon see the level of class it really sits on.


Tom (Gordon-Levitt) is a hopeless romantic who wanted to be an architect, but now writes cute copy at a greetings-card company in Los Angeles. Summer (Deschanel) joins the firm, and he is instantly smitten – she even likes the Smiths. I mean imagine your crush sang To die by your side is such a heavenly way to die. Just match made in elevator lol

I say instantly, but the film makes us wait a little while before we witness their first encounter. In its opening scene, they’ve already broken up, and we skip back and forth between significant moments in their courtship, as if browsing desultorily through a photo album

Some say they’re annoyed by the way it begins on Day 488 or whatever and then jumps around, providing utterly unhelpful data labels: "Day 1," "Day 249." Movies are supposed to reassure us that events unfold in an orderly procession. But Tom remembers his love, Summer, as a series of joys and bafflements. What kind of woman likes you perfectly sincerely and has no one else in her life but is not interested in ever getting married?

Zooey Deschanel is a good choice to play such a woman. I can’t imagine her playing a clinging vine. Too ornery. As Summer, she sees Tom with a level gaze and is who she is. It’s Tom’s bad luck she is sweet and smart and beautiful — it’s not an act. She is always scrupulously honest with him. She is her own person, and Tom can’t have her.

The narator said the film is not a love story, its true its about feeling and how we all have been through this kind of feeling and roller coaster feeling. Even when you are not as hopeless romantic as Tom. Alot of people been in Tom and Summer position, Summer is still a mystery to me. but she is far from a bi***. beautiful landscape and view of LA, cool and amazing soundtrack, beautiful casts what else you can ask from this movie.

500 Days of Summer is the first romantic comedy that everyone can relate to, because everyone has been through this type of relationship. I would like to think up some insanely creative near-hyperbole with adjectives like Wonderful, magical, charming, and somehow including the words must see. So the best I can do is tell you that you will love this film. And I guess we’ll have to settle for that and the discussion of a new term for indie romcom for later.


No comments:

Post a Comment